Tofu Cat Litter
We know that you’re busy, so we’re going to get right to the point. Tofu cat litter is an environmentally friendly, biodegradable alternative to clay and silica-based litters that will revolutionize your life as a pet parent.
In this article, we will discuss tofu cat litter benefits for cats and their humans as well as why it is such a game changer in our industry. We'll also cover some common questions about tofu cat litter and why people choose it over other options.
So, without further ado...
What is Tofu Cat Litter
Tofu cat litter is made from peas which means it likely to have low dust content. They usually come in capsule-like granules that are soft to the touch and lightweight. It is a great alternative to clay or silica-based cat litters. The odor control of Tofu cat litter makes it a great choice for households with multiple cats or young children. It's also bio-degradable, so you won't have to worry about any harmful chemicals in your home!
It smells like nothing because it's essentially just bean curd! This makes it ideal for people who have allergies or just don't want the smell of their feline friend lingering in their home after they pee or poop.
What are the benefits of Tofu Cat Litter
- Tofu cat litter is made from the byproduct of tofu manufacturing and is biodegradable. It is made from safe and natural ingredients. It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals which makes it better for the environment as well.
- It’s also dust free and hypoallergenic. Because it’s not clay based, it won't give off a dusty residue that can irritate your pet's sensitive paws and nose during use.
- They have little to no tracking unlike most litter. It doesn’t stick or get stuck in your cat’s paws. This means you won’t have to clean up after your cat as much. This will definitely make your life easier.
- They are very easy to dispose of because they are highly soluble in water.
Why Tofu Cat Litter Is A Game Changer
Tofu cat litter is a game changer for the cat owner who wants to go green, save money and have a healthier living environment. It can:
- Be used by cats who are allergic to traditional clay or crystal litters.
- Control odor better than other types of litter because it controls moisture as well as bulk.
- Not leave dust or track throughout your home since it's made from all-natural materials that don't crumble easily, creating less mess.
- Cost about half as much as traditional litters when you consider its long-term savings plus its environmental benefits over clumping clay and silica crystals (which are mined from the earth).
- Cats are more likely to use the litter box.
Feline Urine in the Environment
You’re probably familiar with the unpleasant odor of cat urine. But did you know that feline urine itself is a source of ammonia, which can be harmful to the environment and potentially your health?
When cats urinate in a litter box, it produces ammonia. This substance may irritate your respiratory system and cause nausea, vomiting or coughing if breathed in. Ammonia also damages plants by seeping into the soil where it reduces plant growth. In addition to producing ammonia, cat waste contains bacteria as well as parasites that can spread diseases like toxoplasmosis (which causes flu-like symptoms including fever). If a pregnant woman comes into contact with these germs, she may develop serious complications for her unborn child.
This one of the largest reasons why choosing a suitable cat litter for you and your cat is so important! Tofu Cat litter can help lessen respiratory risks and other diseases. Using this type of litter means there is less odor emanating from your cat’s litter box.
Pros and Cons
Although we’ve talked mostly about how Tofu cat litter is great for your cat, let’s be real. There always is pros and cons to any type of product. So, we want to be very upfront with you about this. Tofu is a great alternative to clay or silica based cat litters, but it takes some getting used to and has its own set of pros and cons.
Tofu is biodegradable and can be composted if you're not looking to use it as a litter anymore. It's also pretty much odorless, making it ideal for cats that have sensitive noses or allergies. This also makes it great for you and especially if you have kids in your home too.
It has the same feel underfoot as traditional clay litters so if your cat doesn't like change too much, this is a good option for them! It’s also very easy to clean because there’s less scattering and it’s highly soluble in water.
One of the major drawbacks of Tofu cat litter is that it tends to be more expensive than your traditional cat litter. You have to be ready to shell out more money upfront despite the long-term savings and benefits that come with it. After all, it is a better performing cat litter! It makes everything so much easier and better for the environment.
Since it is made from all natural ingredients, it is more susceptible to moisture and harsh direct sunlight. However, you can easily fix this by making sure you store the litter at a dry spot away from direct sunlight.
Overall, we are very impressed with how well tofu cat litter works. It’s much more eco-friendly than traditional clay litters and it doesn’t smell like ammonia or other chemicals. Yes, one of the biggest downsides is the price but it is a price worth paying for considering all the benefits it comes with. Most cat owners do not regret the choice of paying for more to reap those long term savings and benefits.
There are many Tofu Litter brands, but pidan is considered the no.1 cat litter in China. It has proven itself to be the best in creating a safe and easy way to care for your cat. Not only does Pidan’s Tofu Cat Litter come with those benefits, but it also comes with Occult Blood Test particles that can help you immediately detect if your cat is sick. Pidan’s hope is that by helping you detect some of the diseases early on, there would also be early treatment for your cat. Check out our listing on Amazon to learn more.